Monday, April 5, 2010

Birthday Notepads


Confession: I've been stealing chocolate from my kids' Easter baskets.

Apparently my lack of maternal ethics applies to my friends as well. One mother stole her children's Christmas notepads because - she reasons - they're the perfect size for her daily To Do Lists. tsk, tsk, sneaky mom! ;-) In her defense, she and I have searched high and low for long, skinny, spiral-bound notepads. They're nowhere! I cleared out our local Office Max at Christmas and they've since stopped carrying them.


So for this thieving friend's birthday, I made a set of notepads just for her. I picked patterned papers for the covers and took them, along with a stack of white paper for the insides, to my local FedEx Office. The shop cut and bound the papers, then added protective covers to the front and back of each notepad. You can probably see the glare from the clear covers in the photo, but hopefully it's not too bad.

Happy birthday, my friend! Hope the rest of you have a wonderful day too!

Supplies
Paper: American Crafts (from the Play collection - Ring Around the Rosie, Dominoes).
Computer Font: Futura Bk BT.
Flower: Bazzill Basics Paper (Bitty Blossoms Neutrals).
Brad: American Crafts.
Ribbon: Offray (SideSaddle BlkWht), Stampin' Up! (black hemp twine).

1 comment: