Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dinosaur Party Invitations

Lincoln's celebrating his fourth birthday with a dinosaur-themed birthday party.  Two years ago my older son, Brighton, also asked for a dinosaur birthday party.  That made planning this year's bash super easy.  Same games and activities.  Same invitations.  Same food.  Different kids.  Score!

Instead of a card-type invitation, each child received a box with instructions to "dig up the details inside."  (I even had the patterned paper left over from two years ago - it was just too easy.)

For instructions on how to fold an origami box, click here.


What's inside the box, you ask?  A mini dino dig!  I printed the party details on little tags, tied them to small dinosaur (dog) bones, and buried the bones in sand.  Yes, I warned the moms that these would be messy and that kids should open their invitations outside.  But seriously, how much more fun is this than a boring ol' card!?

Speaking of boring ol' cards...  Actually, I like this one.  This was my first shot at making invitations until I decided to do the mini dino dig.  I ended up using this card as a thank you note.

Wish me luck on the party!  Enjoy your day.

Patterned papers from the Archaic collection by Basic Grey.

14 comments:

  1. Love this!! So cute, fun and creative! Congrats on the shout out at MF world! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Congrats on the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so adorable! Love all your dino creations. Congrats on the MFW shout out to ya also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Followed the link from Moxie Fab...and these are just that!!! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow!! I got here from Moxie Fab too... love this!! My 4 year old would love it too :D Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planning a dinosaur themed first birthday party and love the Dino card! The dig box would be so fun for older kids. Our oldest is 4 so we have always just done parties with the family and I usually make the invitations. Thank you for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Cute! This is perfect for the dino dig party we are having! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete