Saturday, September 26, 2009

Trendy Trees Card



Autumn officially began this past week and the leaves here are starting to change to their beautiful autumn colors. My camera is still traveling the world alongside my husband, so I can only post a card I made and photographed a while ago. Those rusty orange leaves are perfect for a card this time of year!

Sometimes I struggle with how to make small stamps (or any small decorative element) look well-proportioned on a full-size card. I tend to use them in multiples, and still either frame them or mat them to fill out the space.

Supplies. All supplies from Stampin' Up! Stamps: Trendy Trees. Cardstock: Kraft, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Naturals Ivory. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie. Ribbon: Kiwi Kiss. Other: paper piercer, Coluzzle, staple. I also used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the tree tops with the trunks (one of the most helpful tools ever!).

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this card! I know just what you mean about the struggle to use small proportioned stamps. But you know what- what you've done here is just exactly what they need! Perfect!

    PS- Thanks for letting in our your little blogging secret! Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, love the colors and layout! Great blog, sorry it took me so long to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout of this card. I've used your card as inspiration for my own card. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete