Ta-da! Okay so really we finished Brighton's room earlier this summer and I'm just now getting around to posting pictures.
Here are some of my favorite things in the room:
- The felt crocodile that's longer than Brighton is tall.
- The wall bookshelf keeping Brighton's favorite bedtime reads within easy reach.
- The orange monkey jumping over the top bunk.
- The wicker basket in the shape of an elephant. If you look really closely, you see the little trunk and tail in that picture.
- That little orange camping lantern. It's a regular light bulb-style lamp, just designed perfectly for a safari-style room.
- The TENT! Only the corner peeks out in this photo. Scroll on up to the top of the post for a better view. Sometimes Brighton keeps his kid table in the tent and uses it for his art space. Other times we move the table into the hall and Brighton piles pillows on the floor so he can read in his tent, or sometimes even sleep there.
- Corkboard space for Brighton to display all of his cute art projects.
- I made those animal prints using prepainted wooden cutouts from JoAnn's. I just mounted them onto scrapbook paper and framed them - easy peasy.
- The baskets under the dresser are labeled for Brighton's art supplies.
Last but not least, here's a closer look at the awning. I found these grass placemats at Pier 1 Imports for $2 each. I tied them together with twine and my hottie hubs built a frame to hold them. I love the pop of color and texture. The total cost of supplies and hardware was less than $25 - can't beat that!
We found the bedding, wall decals, tent, lamp, and crocodile at Pottery Barn Kids. I like how everything works together, but isn't completely matchy-matchy. Hopefully Brighton will like it for a long time, too. :)